DZ Driver - Toronto
This position is responsible for ensuring timely delivery of goods to customer sites as needed or as a part of a pre-defined route, reviewing orders prior to delivery to verify accuracy, and loading and unloading goods, and pick-up using Encore owned, leased, or rented trucks including vehicles with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) of greater than 26,001 lbs. Responsible for holding and maintaining a valid DZ license to operate vehicles with GVW over 26,001 lbs.
Will consider good/experienced candidates with only a G class license as well
Driving, Delivery, and Pick-up Asset
- Drive Encore owned, leased, or rented vehicles including vans and box trucks that may exceed a gross vehicle weight (GVW) of 26,001 lbs
- Maintain set routes and schedules as directed by their supervisor to meet customer expectations
- Loading and unloading of vehicles
- Review orders for accuracy during both delivery and pickup to ensure all items are accounted for
- Ensure contents are properly secured inside of truck to prevent breakage or damage to gear
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
- Able to complete a manual and/or electronic log book, based on an assigned region
- Provide superior customer service and strive to exceed the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers
- Maintain a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication and interaction
- Assist with dispatching (as needed), which includes planning routes, making driver assignments, coordinating with venues and branch personnel and arranging for 3rd party transportation to support regional needs
- Assist warehouse team with other responsibilities to include: pulling, receiving, and transportation of equipment.
- Participate in annual physical inventory process.
- Perform quality control and equipment staging in warehouse as directed.
- Ensure all equipment is picked up and/or delivered on site.
- Works with the dispatcher or warehouse supervisors to ensure vehicles are well maintained through scheduled service appointments as required
- Maintain good general overall appearance of the vehicles and ensure all vehicles are kept clean and free of debris
- Perform daily inspection on vehicle prior to route and ensure Driver Vehicle Inspection logs are performed before each trip
- Maintain and replenish all vehicle fluids as needed – e.g. wiper fluid, DEF, etc.
- Identify mechanical maintenance needs as they occur
- Report any vehicle damages or traffic violations to immediate supervisor in a timely manner
- Hold a valid DZ license minimum of 2 years of driving experience
- Will consider good/experienced candidates with only a G class license as well
- High School Diploma / GED
- Drive trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) under and above 26,001 lbs.
- Clean driving record.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- General knowledge of vehicle inspection and maintenance.
- General understanding of proper load securement.
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems.
- Ability to drive or sit for long hours at a time.
- Good communication skills with internal and external customers.
- High degree of team work with customers, peers, and managers.
- Ability to use and understand automated routing software.
- General competencies skills in smartphone use.
- Serve as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction.
- Ability to maneuver vehicle in heavy city traffic conditions.
- Safety Conscience
- Ensures Accountability
- Instills Trust
- Communicates Effectively
- Action Oriented
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.Learn More
- Event Technician - Marriott Boston Quincy 49871851200 Ops - Technical Services Massachusetts, United States
- Event Operations Coordinator - Ottawa 49871836720 Ops - General Ontario, Canada
- AV Technician Level 2 49869347568 Ops - Technical Services Australian Capital Territory, Australia
- Event Rigger - Casual 49863962624 Ops - Technical Services Queensland, Australia
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.Learn More about Explore Locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.Learn More about Career Path Opportunities
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.Learn More about What to Expect
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.