The Sales Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Event Technology team by selling equipment and services for events of all sizes with a special focus on events under $5K in revenue. Complete sales order entries and other sales related activities. Provide general sales administration support including order entry, opportunity management, and customer follow-up. This position reports to the Regional Sales Director, Customer Support.
Key Job Responsibilities
Sales Support and Coordination
• Lead import/distribution for Venue complexes researching as needed to determine correct ownership of Lead.
• Directly sell smaller events such as Banquet Event Order (BEO) bookings, exhibitors, affiliate business, and In-Conjunction-With (ICW) events.
• Direct qualified leads to EventNow (eCommerce platform) as a buying channel for Encore customers.
• Close business by obtaining commitment to buy while maximizing revenue and adhering to event profit guidelines for all assigned business.
• Handles customers’ requests by phone, on-line chat, email, and other channels. Follow up with internal and external customers through confirmed order hand-offs.
• Effectively use Encore tools/technology/systems and resources to promptly respond to customer requests.
• Ensure CRM is always accurate and up to date.
• Facilitate strong information exchange with aligned venue leadership teams.
· Minimum of a High School diploma; BS/BA is preferred or 1+ years of sales/event experience.
· Prior technology, sales, hospitality, or event planning experience a plus
· Technical aptitude and proficiency with computer software and programs
· Strong written and oral communication skills needed to effectively solicit and close business via phone/email.
• Communicates Effectively
• Action Oriented
• Sales Proficiency
• Exceeds Customer Expectations
• Concern for Quality
• Results Oriented
• Relationship Management
• Interpersonal Organization
• Expeditious and Punctual
Work is performed in a centralized sales support environment within an office setting. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.