Event Audio Visual Technician - Brookstreet Hotel, KanataKanata, Canada Job ID: EVENT024847
Our technicians enjoy the opportunities to work with innovative and cutting-edge technology on a daily basis. From setting equipment as elaborate as an LED wall to simply ensuring cable is properly run through the venue, our Technicians are the foundation of the events we build and bring to life. They ensure that each event is flawlessly executed, and work with the rest of the team to setup and strike down each event in a timely manner. At Encore, customer satisfaction is our highest priority, our Technicians play an integral part in establishing a positive relationship with each of our clients.
Here are some of the top qualities that will help you achieve success in this role:
- Customer Focus
- Desire to Learn
- Drive Results
- Technical Aptitude
Other Important Traits
- Team Player,
- Safety Conscious,
Purpose, Mission and Core Values
How we strive to impact the world
Connecting & Inspire
What we do every day
Invaluable partner on our customer's journey
What drives the way we work
Deliver world-class service. See the big picture. Value people. Drive results. Do the right thing.
Paid Time Off
To see all benefits available, click here.
Premium Recognition Program (CenterStage)
Performance Incentive Plans (GEI Bonus)
Employee Referral Program
Training & Development
Classroom/On the Job Training
Global Transfer Opportunities
A Technician is responsible for the set up and operation of basic / small-scale audiovisual systems in a hospitality environment while ensuring complete customer satisfaction. This position reports to an Director, Event Technology.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of basic audiovisual equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section.
- Strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
- Monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
- Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
- Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates basic operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues.
- Handles equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
- Understands company processes, follows procedures and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately.
- Uses the equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up and for strike. Interacts with other staff and outside vendors for equipment.
- Increases revenue by utilizing floor up-selling techniques.
- Works with clients to finalize invoices.
- Completes order entries in Navigator, as needed.
- High School Diploma required. Associate’s degree is preferred.
- 1 year of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
- 1 year of audio visual experience or equivalent in educational environment is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required for team members that may operate Company vehicles.
- Additional DOT requirement may need to be met if applicable.
- Safety Conscious
- Action Oriented
- Tech Savvy
- Ensures Accountability
Following Health Canada's guidance and other applicable provincial public health guidance, to prevent the infection and spread of COVID-19 in the workplace, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Encore is requiring that all employment candidates who attend at its Canadian offices be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they are exempt from vaccination for a legally-protected reason and show proof of said exemption.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.