Event Technical Lead, Audio Visual - The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia IslandFernandina Beach, Florida Job ID: EVENT025239
Our technicians enjoy the opportunities to work with innovative and cutting-edge technology on a daily basis. From setting equipment as elaborate as an LED wall to simply ensuring cable is properly run through the venue, our Technicians are the foundation of the events we build and bring to life. They ensure that each event is flawlessly executed, and work with the rest of the team to setup and strike down each event in a timely manner. At Encore, customer satisfaction is our highest priority, our Technicians play an integral part in establishing a positive relationship with each of our clients.
Here are some of the top qualities that will help you achieve success in this role:
- Customer Focus
- Desire to Learn
- Drive Results
- Technical Aptitude
Other Important Traits
- Team Player,
- Safety Conscious,
Purpose, Mission and Core Values
How we strive to impact the world
Connecting & Inspire
What we do every day
Invaluable partner on our customer's journey
What drives the way we work
Deliver world-class service. See the big picture. Value people. Drive results. Do the right thing.
Paid Time Off
To see all benefits available, click here.
Premium Recognition Program (CenterStage)
Performance Incentive Plans (GEI Bonus)
Employee Referral Program
Training & Development
Classroom/On the Job Training
Global Transfer Opportunities
The Technical Lead is responsible for intermediate level set up and operation of small to large-scale audiovisual systems in a hospitality environment while ensuring complete customer satisfaction. This position reports to an Operations Manager, Operations Director, or Director of Event Technology.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Responsible for accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of intermediate audiovisual equipment.
• Troubleshoot technical issues and resolve problems quickly as they arise.
• Complies with all Company security and safety measures.
• Ensures equipment is secure from theft and/or damage when in use.
• Provides excellent service and strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
• Be a leader, mentor, and coach for other Technicians on Encore’s Delivering World Class Service philosophy.
• Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
• Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met, and the equipment setup is working properly.
• Monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
• Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
• Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates advanced operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues.
• Anticipates equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
• Understands company processes, follows procedures, and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately.
• Uses the equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up and for strike.
• Interacts with other staff and outside vendors for equipment.
• Increases revenue by utilizing floor up-selling techniques.
• Work with clients to finalize invoices.
• As needed, work within Encore systems and applications
• High school diploma required, Associate’s Degree is preferred.
• 2-3+ years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
• 2-3+ years of audio-visual experience is required.
• Internal applicants MUST be Technical 1-Star Certified before applying. External applicants will validate and achieve their Technical 1-Star Certification within 60 days of start date.
• Ability to lift 50 Lbs.
• A valid driver’s license is required for team members in positions that may operate Company vehicles.
• Additional DOT requirement may need to be met if applicable.
Deliver World Class Service
Do The Right Thing
• Demonstrates Self-Awareness
• Ensures Accountability
See The Big Picture
• Decision Quality
• Manages Complexity
For more information on our Competency Group, refer to the Competency Based Talent Management page on Encore Connect by searching for the title or copy & pasting this URL Link (https://psav.sharepoint.com/sites/HR/SitePages/Competency-Supported-Talent-Management.aspx).
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio-visual equipment and electrical components and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.