Technical Services Rep / Audio Visual /Part-Time CharlottetownCharlottetown, Canada Job ID: TECHN021554
Our technicians enjoy the opportunities to work with innovative and cutting-edge technology on a daily basis. From setting equipment as elaborate as an LED wall to simply ensuring cable is properly run through the venue, our Technicians are the foundation of the events we build and bring to life. They ensure that each event is flawlessly executed, and work with the rest of the team to setup and strike down each event in a timely manner. At Encore, customer satisfaction is our highest priority, our Technicians play an integral part in establishing a positive relationship with each of our clients.
Here are some of the top qualities that will help you achieve success in this role:
- Customer Focus
- Desire to Learn
- Drive Results
- Technical Aptitude
Other Important Traits
- Team Player,
- Safety Conscious,
The ability to put on the big shows that my hotel plans out or to teach the incoming technicians how to make these shows happen is why I really like the hustle and bustle of my day-to-day as a Technical Lead.
Purpose, Mission and Core Values
How we strive to impact the world
Connecting & Inspire
What we do every day
Invaluable partner on our customer's journey
What drives the way we work
Deliver world-class service. See the big picture. Value people. Drive results. Do the right thing.
Paid Time Off
To see all benefits available, click here.
Premium Recognition Program (CenterStage)
Performance Incentive Plans (GEI Bonus)
Employee Referral Program
Training & Development
Classroom/On the Job Training
Global Transfer Opportunities
The Technical Services Representative plays a key-role in the operations as he/she set up, operating and dismantling audio visual equipments.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Setting up, operating, and dismantling audio visual equipment at events as assigned.
- Servicing trade shows, hotel conventions, and staging events.
- Verify completed purchase orders and that all required equipments were prepared.
- Loading and unloading trucks; requires to lift heavy equipment.
- Climbing stairs and ladders
- Perform various control testings and troubleshoot equipments before the assigned event.
- Sitting for lengthy periods to operate equipment in meeting rooms (could be at least four hour stretches lasting all day)
- Walking during trade shows.
- Driving defensively – cube vans and panel vans
- Driving long distances (or as a passenger).
- Handling equipment with care.
- Complete reports on events as per company procedure
- Representing the Company in a professional manner
- As required, act as Lead TSR which consists of coordinating a team of TSR and freelancers and act as the on-site resources for the client and operations department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma is preferred
- 2-3+ years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
- 2-3+ years of audio visual experience is preferred
- Set up knowledge of the following equipment is required:
- Portable Sound Systems ( speakers, mixers and equalizers )
- Wireless Microphones
- LCD Data Projectors and Monitors
- Computer Interfaces and Switchers
- Large Projection Screens and Scaffold towers
- Industrial Video Cameras
- Video Lighting Equipment
- Simultaneous Translation Equipment
- Fastfold Screens
- Strong Client Service and interpersonal skills
- Professional Appearance and behavior
- Able to work under pressure with tight delays
- Analytical and problem resolution skills
- Organizational Skills
- Valid driver’s license
Competencies (by Core Values)
- Safety Conscious
- Decision Quality
- Tech Savvy
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Instills Trust
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.