Audio-Visual Technician Bedford
A Technician is responsible for the set up and operation of basic / small-scale audiovisual systems in a hospitality environment while ensuring complete customer satisfaction. This position reports to an Operations Manager, Operations Director or Director, Event Technology.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of basic audiovisual equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section.
- Strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
- Monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
- Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
- Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates basic operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues.
- Handles equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
- Understands company processes, follows procedures and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately.
- Uses the equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up and for strike. Interacts with other staff and outside vendors for equipment.
- Increases revenue by utilizing floor up-selling techniques.
- Works with clients to finalize invoices.
- Completes order entries in Navigator, as needed.
- High School Diploma required. Associate’s degree is preferred.
- Achieve Technical Level 3 Certification per PSAV Technical Skillset Matrix within 180 days (Technical Skill Set Matrix or @PSAV/HR/Global Learning).
- 1 year of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
- 1 year of audio visual experience or equivalent in educational environment is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required for team members that may operate Company vehicles.
- Safety Conscious
- Action Oriented
- Tech Savvy
- Ensures Accountability
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.Learn More
- Event Technician - Marriott Boston Quincy 49871851200 Ops - Technical Services Massachusetts, United States
- Event Operations Coordinator - Ottawa 49871836720 Ops - General Ontario, Canada
- AV Technician Level 2 49869347568 Ops - Technical Services Australian Capital Territory, Australia
- Event Rigger - Casual 49863962624 Ops - Technical Services Queensland, Australia
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.Learn More about Explore Locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.Learn More about Career Path Opportunities
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.Learn More about What to Expect
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.