Event Technical Specialist (Video/Projection)-Production Team Austin $1500 Sign on BonusAustin, Texas Job ID: EVENT027048
Our technicians enjoy the opportunities to work with innovative and cutting-edge technology on a daily basis. From setting equipment as elaborate as an LED wall to simply ensuring cable is properly run through the venue, our Technicians are the foundation of the events we build and bring to life. They ensure that each event is flawlessly executed, and work with the rest of the team to setup and strike down each event in a timely manner. At Encore, customer satisfaction is our highest priority, our Technicians play an integral part in establishing a positive relationship with each of our clients.
Here are some of the top qualities that will help you achieve success in this role:
- Customer Focus
- Desire to Learn
- Drive Results
- Technical Aptitude
Other Important Traits
- Team Player,
- Safety Conscious,
Purpose, Mission and Core Values
How we strive to impact the world
Connecting & Inspire
What we do every day
Invaluable partner on our customer's journey
What drives the way we work
Deliver world-class service. See the big picture. Value people. Drive results. Do the right thing.
Paid Time Off
To see all benefits available, click here.
Premium Recognition Program (CenterStage)
Performance Incentive Plans (GEI Bonus)
Employee Referral Program
Training & Development
Classroom/On the Job Training
Global Transfer Opportunities
$1500 Sign On Bonus (New FT External OR PTC/PTR to FT Internal) & Relocation Assistance (New FT External OR PTC/PTR to FT Internal) to new market. *Incentives Applicable toUS candidates, and US positions only- Restrictions apply.
The Technical Specialist is responsible for the technical set up and operation of enhanced mid-level production events in a hospitality environment, while ensuring the utmost in client satisfaction. This position reports to an Associate Director of Project Management or Director of Project Management in their assigned area.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of advanced audiovisual equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section.
• Troubleshoots technical issues and resolve problems quickly as they arise.
• Complies with all Company security and safety measures.
• Ensures equipment is secure from theft and/or damage when in use.
• Provides excellent service and strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
• Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
• Collaborates with internal team on event solutions pre-event and during event to ensure the best possible customer satisfaction.
• Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
• Creates an atmosphere that fosters the development of technical and leadership skills in other employees.
• Provides mentorship and coaching to technical, sales and operations team members to develop technical skills as needed.
• Develops self as subject matter expert in discipline of specialty.
• Stays current with technology and industry trends.
• Performs advanced work (pre/during/post event) with operations team members.
• Supervises and directs other technicians during an event.
• Assists team with proper security, storage, inventory, transportation, and maintenance of equipment.
• Performs inventory and forecasting of equipment needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
• 3+ years of event technology experience with specialty in Audio, Lighting, Projection, or Video is required.
• 3-4 years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
• Internal Team Members must meet all Training requirements to be eligible to apply for this role. Technical 1-Star, Professional 200 and (1) Technical Level 300 in A/P/V/L. Experience must be signed off by DPM or higher.
•New Encore team members must validate/complete all Training requirements within 60 days of hire.
• Ability to interact professionally and effectively with a diverse work force, customer base and senior level management.
• Strong customer, client and coworker interface experience and abilities.
• A valid driver’s license is required for team members in positions that may operate Company vehicles. Additional DOT requirement may need to be met if applicable.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Deliver World Class Service
Do The Right Thing
• Demonstrates Self-Awareness
• Ensures Accountability
See The Big Picture
• Decision Quality
• Manages Complexity
For more information on our Competency Group, refer to the Competency Based Talent Management page on Encore Connect by searching for the title or copy & pasting this URL Link (https://psav.sharepoint.com/sites/HR/SitePages/Competency-Supported-Talent-Management.aspx).
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio-visual equipment and electrical components and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.