Encore are a global event technologies company that specialises in hybrid and in-person events that connect and inspire.
At Encore we believe in creating memorable event experiences that engage and transform organisations by serving as an invaluable partner on our customers’ journey to success.
With our “Great Place To Work “certification, we offer a supportive and inclusive environment where your unique skills and perspectives are celebrated. If you’re ready to be part of a team that’s shaping the future of events and make a meaningful impact, apply now and let’s transform events together.
As a Director of Event Technology at Encore, you will have imagination and curiosity to bring events to life. Your primary responsibility will revolve around cultivating a robust and collaborative relationship between our dedicated onsite team and venue management. The service provided will be highly professional with a view to timeliness, appropriate conduct and effective cost management of human resources and services as well as the P&L, to ensure the profitability of the Encore activities in the venue.
- Ensure the efficient and safe running of event staging services within the venues
- Build and maintain relationship with venues and clients to ensure successful client relations and smooth running of all events
- Educate and advise clients and venue staff alike on the most appropriate audio-visual equipment, digital options and the necessary crew to best meet their presentation needs and budget
- Maintain and disseminate crew rosters and schedules
- Inform the appropriate people of any areas of concern so that problems with equipment, crew, venue staff or clients can be rectified in a timely manner
- Identify opportunities to increase the profitable revenue in applicable venue
- Seek out opportunities for operational improvements
- Provide coaching and mentoring to develop and optimise individual and team capability
- Prior experience in the events/sales environment
- Relevant experience in AV
- Excellent planning, organisational, time management & account management skills
- Strong sales and business acumen, track record in managing a high performing sales team within a third party venue
- Ability to foster meaningful business relationships
- Prior experience in rostering and cost management
- Qualification in Hospitality or Events is highly regarded
Why Join Us?
Be a part of our mission to bring people together, facilitate ideas and build relationships for our customers’ and enjoy all the perks that we offer:
- “Great Place To Work” certification, ensuring a supportive and engaging work environment
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion programs that foster a welcoming and inclusive workplace for all
- Wellness initiatives to prioritise your physical and mental well-being
- Ample opportunities for career progression and professional growth
- Commitment to sustainability initiatives, contributing to a greener future
- Salary packaging options
At Encore, we value our people as our most valuable asset. We prioritise equal opportunities and embrace diversity in all its forms. As a Circle Back Initiative Employer, we are committed to responding to each and every applicant. If you fit some of the requirements but not all, we encourage you to apply and have a chat with our team to learn more about this opportunity.